I am grateful that my cousins live in Mumbai which gives me more chances to visit Mumbai. But, for the first time I took the hotel to explore the city with my friends and it was an amazing experience.
Brace yourself as this post will guide you all about Mumbai City, Staycation, Food and various other interesting things to do in Mumbai.
Hotel Stay: Aureole
Mumbai being the financial capital of India has many five star, luxury and budget friendly hotels. A lot many have been covered for people who travel for business purpose.
My stay was at Aureole Hotel, Andheri East, Near Mumbai International Airport.
We opted for the suite and believe me it was beyond amazing. Let me give you some highlight on this hotel.
~The rooms are designed with a lot of thought processing. Every room has its own specialized design with a great Wi-Fi speed in each room. A comfortable hammock is inside the suite and along with that there is an open bath tab for couples to have a good time during their stay. Every room has been designed with love and care. The beds are cozy and comfortable. I would say a home away from home.
They have quite a few options of snacks and liquor inside the room and ofcourse one call button for the lavish spread of food to order in the room itself.
It is the best combination of value for money along with multiple facilities at a very decent price. Have a look at the different types of rooms you can choose from.:
Food at Aureole Hotel:
I opted for a breakfast inside my room which was super delicious and healthy at the same time. A glass full of fresh orange, carrot and pineapple juice with vegetables.
Also, we had our lunch at the hotel itself which was a mix of european sandwich and north indian food and gulab jamun to satisfy our sweet tooth. Make sure you try their food at the restaurant which offers a spread of North Indian, European, breakfast buffet and all day café, Lume.
Also, if you want to relax and have a pool party they do have a facility of that located in the top floor which offers buffet meal along with beer and wine.
Restaurants in Mumbai:
There are endless restaurants to cover in Mumbai. I am highlighting few of my favourites that you should visit.
1. The Daily, Bandra:
Buzzing place with happening crowd and oh so delicious food. You certainly cannot miss this place. It serves some pretty insane cocktails, the molecular drinks. Do try: Chicken Burger Sliders, Grilled chicken and a variety of cocktails and orange glazed icecream.
2. Global Fusion, Andheri:
If you are a buffet person then this place won’t disappoint. A lavish spread of cuisines. I can spend a good three hours, here. Don’t miss the baskin Robin’s ice cream counter which comes along as a part of their meal.
3. San Francisco, Palladium Mall: Oh, Italian! I was looking for good pasta and pizza and this place is my next favorite. I know where to go if I am craving for good pizza and pasta.
4. Bombay Salad co.:
I am always looking for places which serves good salad and sandwiches. That has to be a part of my itenary. This place offers not just a couple but dozens of sandwiches, salads, juices and smoothies to choose from.
I am glad as I am writing this post and Theobroma is now in Delhi, too. My favorite place to eat brownies at.
Don’t miss – Oreo, red Velvet, millionaire Brownie and pack some chocolate chip cookies and dense loaf for home.
6. Le patisserie: I have tried macaroons here and they were the best macaroons I have ever had.
7. Cup cake factory: Oh, Cup cakes! gooey cupcakes topped with whipped cream. Must try!
8. Zesto: A cool place for breakfast serving a variety of sandwiches and shakes.
9. Cafe debella: One thing in Mumbai I would definitely go back to. The ‘Freak’ shake. I am surely gonna go back to Mumbai for this one. This shake is a midway between a meal and a dessert. A glass full of waffles, Oreo biscuit, whipped cream, caramel and Chocolate caramel balls – Melbourne Freakshake.
10. Coffee shop in Taj Lands End: Enjoy your cup of coffee looking at the breathtaking view of the Arabian sea at Bandstand.
11. Sea Longue, Taj Hotel, Colaba: Another great experience with a beautiful view of the gateway of India. The best sea food and a cup of coffee at Taj!
12. Don’t miss the street food at Chowpaty or the famous vada pav at Ashok vada pav.
Things to do in Mumbai:
1. Sunrise/Sunset at seafront:
Go for a morning jog at the beaches – Marine drive or at the Juhu beach.
2. The ferry ride to Elephants caves: If you are visiting Mumbai for the first time then a ride on the Arabian sea is a must which takes you to the elephants caves.
3.Street shopping at Colaba Causeway: Shop a little and bargain a lot at the street shops in Colaba market and when you are tried relax a bit at Leopold café.
4.Mall hopping at Palladium Mall: Shop shop and shop. Do I need to say more!
Travel essentials and quick tips:
•Sunglasses and Sunscreen are a must throughout the year
•Flip Flops at the beaches is a must
•DSLR: Mumbai is very photogenic travel destination. I am sure you would want to capture high quality pictures of the beaches, sea, Taj and much more.
•Shop local and bargain a lot.
•The city is safe even at the night. You can hop on an auto rickshaw and he will go by meter. Or, try the locals.
•Book your hotel where you know you have to visit a lot because traveling in Mumbai from one place to another takes a lot of time. Book here:
Hope you guys enjoyed the post.
Until next time,